8 slices bacon, halved
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 green medium green pepper, diced
3 (28 oz) cans Pork and Beans
3/4 cup FCCM Apple Butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons FCCM Honey Dijon Mustard
teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven (or large sauce pot) fry bacon until it has partially cooked and released about 1/4 cup drippings. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserve drippings.
- Add onions and peppers to drippings and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer.
- Top with bacon, then bake until beans are bubbly and sauce is the consistency of pancake syrup, about two hours. (If using a large sauce pot, transfer beans to a 4-quart casserole dish to bake.)