3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cayenne Pppper
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded zucchini, well drained
Mill-Aged Cheddar Cheese
1/3 cup chopped scallions
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat 350 degrees F.
- Grease the interior of a 9 x 5 inch bread pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, cayenne pepper, and salt stir to combine. Add zucchini, cheddar cheese, scallions, and lemon zest, tossing to completely combine ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl combine buttermilk, eggs and oil. Once well blended add the liquid to the flour/zucchini mixture, stirring to combine. Batter should be moist, but not wet and smooth.
- Scrape mixture into the greased bread pan. Place in pre-heated oven and bake 50-60 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from bread pan.
- Serve warm or cooled. Freezes well.