2 tablespoons butter
1-1/2 cups chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
(3) 15 ounce cans pumpkin puree
1 cup Fly Creek Cider Mill Apple Butter
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup Fly Creek Cider Mill Sweet Apple Cider
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup sour cream, optional
- Makes about 3 quarts
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cooking stirring frequently, for about 4 mintes or until softened.
- Stir in the pumpkin and apple butter.
- Add the chicken broth and cider, stirring to blend well. Stir in the curry powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cook at a low simmer for about 40 minutes or until flavors have blended.
- Remove from heat and, working in batches, place in a blender and process to a smooth puree.
- Place the puree in a clean saucepan. Add the cream and place over medium heat. Bring to just a simmer and immediately remove. Do not allow to come to a boil.
- Serve hot or cold with a dollop of sour cream on top, if desired. If serving cold, allow to cool, and transfer to a covered container. Refrigerate until well-chilled or for up to 2 days.